Thursday, December 14, 2006

2005 Posts

Feb 3rd, 2005
Seems as though Ground Hog Day is early this year. We have had a very mild Wisconsin winter thus far. Makes me wonder what mother nature is up to. Hopefully winter doesn't decide to come in March. Not much new up here. Trying to fight off cabin fever with some early spring cleaning in the basement. Things look pretty ship shape, and I got the tiller apart for a rebuild. Also looking at how to convert to the wire luff jib on the North Sails. Looks like a couple of ways to do it, just not sure which is going to best. I don't want to leave the jib up while storing on DuBay. Well it's 39 and sunny out, I think I'll try and catch a few more rays.

March 18th, 2005
Well spring is almost...here. I am becoming impatient with the weather. Last week we got rid og the snow, temps in the 50s, and hope. Now...back into winter. I guess the older I get the harder the winters are especially at work.

I'm getting motivated for the sailing season. I have secured the barn of a firend, and plan on geting the long list of updates done before the weather gets too nice. Boats can head out to
DuBay in April.

Other than that life is good. Work is busy, but I guess that means job security. I need to get my web page updated, seems that there is never enough time.

Good Day


April 7th, 2005
Well yesterday was great weatherwise. I got most of the yard projects done, and have a mountain of dog poop for the trash.

Today is blustery and cold, feels like winter is taking one last shot at us. I have the boat stored in a large garage, and plan on going over today and getting started on the centerboard cap. It needs to come off so I can see how bad things are underneath. Everything is original Chrysler, so I will be curious to see how much wood rot there is, and how the mainsheet cleat looks.

Also going to call Nickels and see when the spiniker snout is going to be sent. I plan on just renforcing the bow via the hole even though the spinniker will have to wait until next year.

Almost sailing time!!!

Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand on me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off-then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball."


April 8th, 2005
Spring projects
Well yesterday was great weatherwise. I got most of the yard projects done, and have a mountain of dog poop for the trash.

Today is blustery and cold, feels like winter is taking one last shot at us. I have the boat stored in a large garage, and plan on going over today and getting started on the centerboard cap. It needs to come off so I can see how bad things are underneath. Everything is original Chrysler, so I will be curious to see how much wood rot there is, and how the mainsheet cleat looks.

Also going to call Nickels and see when the spiniker snout is going to be sent. I plan on just renforcing the bow via the hole even though the spinniker will have to wait until next year.

Almost sailing time!!!


April 7th, well got the ceterboard trunk off, supporting wood looks good.


April 22nd, 2005
Already the Spring is going so fast, and lots to do on the boat. I finally got most of the yard projects done, and am looking forward to getting back at the boat. Less than a month until
Syttende Mai Regatta, and I'm wondering if there will be time and weather to get out, and going. The mast is cut, and ready for the reaised mast step. Centerboard hangers are done, and getting to reinstall them with the cap. Just the bow to go, and I think that shall have to do for the season.

My son is getting a bit more motivated to get on the water with me this year. I'm hoping he will be willing to crew. Jim is out as he is having surgery on his arm again in June.

Somehow this will all come together.

No comments: