Saturday, April 28, 2007

Better

It has been a weird week. I guess after being numb the first week, the emotions just flowed this week. I found myself repeating things at home. I couldn't find the hamper of dirty laundry...it was already in the wash, .....washed the bottom of the boat twice....that kind of stuff. I would get pissed easily at Michael, the cat whoever.

Friday it dawned on me. Marc killed his kids, he removed himself from the list of people I call a friend. The end. Accepting that has helped quite a bit. It may seem simple, and curt, but usually the best fixes are.

Somehow through all of this I've remained smoked free. Coming up on a month already, and I can't believe it. I do really feel better, and when I have an urge to smoke it passes quickly. I will still be a recovering smoker until I make it a year, but there is finally hope.

I got quite a bit done on the boat this week, she is back on the rebuilt trailor, and the belly work is done. The BONG noises are caused by a chunk of old insulation that broke free in the bow. How to fix is the question.

Well Spring is finally HERE!!!!!! Working today, nice to not have to think about which coat to bring.

Life is good,
Dave

No comments: