Sunday, April 8, 2007

Ex smoker? me?

What a pain, I started taking Chantix 2 weeks ago to help with quitting smoking. I really sounds like a good deal, as they tell you to smoke as much as you want the first week.

Then the next week. OK so I smoked 4 the first couple days, and have not smoked any for 4 days at all. It's interesting how many times you just want to jump up and go get a smoke. It's very instictive almost.

A couple of interesting side notes. One of my co-worker's, Jim, noticed that there is a decreased need for caffine. I hadn't really noticed it until he mentioned it. Coffee was my other addiction which went perfectly with a smoke or 5. Now I hardly want a cup, and there has been no caffine headache at all.

Chantix is like nothing I have tried before. a bit a nausea at first, but really no other side effect. It like takes out the physical cravings for about everything, and leaves you be to work stuff out with your head.

So for now it's going well. I feel good about coming this far, amd hope I can stick with it.

Snow again today, the one week in March where it got into the 70s was just a tease. I talked to Maria and I'm going to try and pick up the boat next week. She said ther was quite a bit of mud down by the barn, so I try and get it out while the ground is still kinda frozen. I am so looking forward to getting out on the water again.

No comments: