Thursday, April 12, 2007

bye bye snow

Well I am so hoping that we are done with the snow for the year. We got pounded at work yesterday. Kinda funny how I could come up with about 12,000 new triggers for smoking, Seems as though my worst is right after I get done with a call. Seems that there is a natural expextation that I'll get to smoke. We went through about every scenario that one could for stress, from terrible wnter driving to a couple of cirle jerks waiting for decisions to be made. Oh well, I made it though, and remain smokefree.

Hugh from Nickels boat works called today and I got the jib tracks ordered. Harry from Cardinal Yahts was kind enough to put together a boom for me. So other than a good hull cleaning, and stay checking we should be good to go for sailing this year.

The snow would have been nicer had I not been working. It cleared out nicely, and by afternoon the warm peeks of sun let you know this wasn't going to last too long. This has been a tough week, almost funny how stress is tripled, and people let you down while you are trying to quit smoking.

Of course quitting smoking is a selfish thing when you really think about it. It's like walking into work on a busy day, and annoucing it's my birthday. Most are polite and say Happy birthday, but they think..."good for you, now get to work...." Quitting smoking is the same. You walk around fighting this horrible mental battle, and announce to people to give you special treatment. People are nice, but I wonder if their only thought is "good for you, you don't stink...now get to work..."

It is also selfish because you are the one who put yourself into this mess. For whatever reason one starts smoking, I guess that 99 % new it was wrong and dangerous before they took their first puff. So I guess it's kinda like sitting in your own pile of dung, and realizing you are the only one who is going to clean yourself up.

OK enough deep, out there thoughts. Today is a 3/10 on the smoking, and a 6 / 10 on the worn out disappointed scale.

Have a great weekend, Dave

No comments: