Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday sailing and Snow


Well today is going a bit better as far as the no smoking goes. I went into work for a couple of hours yesterday, and found about a thousand new triggers for smoking. Yes!!! a new challange. Crap.....Oh well, I just plan on taking frequesnt walks. I'm supposed to be on Air, but it sounds like it is going to snow all day.

I thought it funny that the day I bring the boat home, they announce a Winter Storm Watch...what is up with that? Oh well, what can ya do. I figure that I'll just refuse to shovel it.

Maria called, and I went out to get the boat. It's really wet by the barn, and with the cold temps the ground froze enough to get the boat up the hill. One of her neighbors picked up his boat when it was warm, and totally tore up her side yard. She is not too happy of a camper.

The boat looks good, and I'm looking forward to having a couple of warm days to get her ready for the year.

One of the people from the club is starting a new sailboat business. I hope it takes off. Sailing is a nice change from the powered world. Hopefully as gas prices continue to rise we will see more people trade in the big motors for a sailboat. It's a great family activity. Don't get me wrong, I love the V-8 powerboats as much as anyone, but returning to sailing has been a great experience for me.

So today is about a 3 out of 10 on the no smoking, panic,chew on my shoes, scale. Talk to ya soon, Dave

No comments: